Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chapter 1: Life

"Evan! Wake up or you will be late for school!"

"Coming mama..."

I dragged myself out of bed. I stood in front of my mirror. Ruffling my hair abit, it all fell back into place. Nerdy hairstyle, check. My specs my specs... I need it if not I can't see. There it is! Geeky specs, check.



"Seriously Evan... you must learn to wake up on your own."

"Sorry mama."

I'm Evan Salemn. Age 15. I live alone with my mama. Papa died in a car crash 6 years ago. Fortunately for us, papa was incredibelly sucessfull and we had money to live on. We were happy, that was enough.

"Ah! Look at the time! See you later mama!" I kissed her on the cheek and rushed out.

"Be careful, Evan! Seriously..." Mama smiled.



I dashed into school just as the school gates were about to close. Phew...

"EVA~N!" A familiar hand rested on my shoulder.

"Kenneth, I wish you wouldn't do this every single morning."

Kenneth Monfort. Same age as me. Kenneth was ranked no. 3 in the school's popularity poll every year. He was the captian of the basketball team with boyish good looks that girls fawned over. He was also my best friend in school. Don't ask me why a nerd like me has an idol for a friend.

"Hey let's go! We're going to be late for class at this rate." Kenneth pointed out. The school bell rang.

"Oh, crap." We looked at each other.



"SORRY WE'RE LATE." Kenneth slammed the door open. "TEACH- is not here..."

I looked over his shoulder, no one was in class. Is there some sort of holiday I am not aware about?

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Ah! Kelycia~" Kenneth grinned.

A girl with an armband with the words "President" stood before us. Kelycia Rensme. The same age as us. She is ranked no.1 on the popularity polls. Known for her kindness, intelligence and talent. She was voted Student Body President by the school. She was also the dance captian of the school's dance crew. Kenneth was in love with her but she already rejected him once.

"Aren't we suppose to report to the science lab?"

"Oh." I looked at Kenneth.

"Kelyciaaaaaaa, have you found them?"

"Yeah I did."

The source of the voice came into view. Her violet eyes met mine. "Morning, Evan."

"M-morning Ellia..." I blushed.

Ellia Crossworth. The most beautiful girl in school. Popularity ranking, no.2. She was Kelycia best friend and the captian of the volleyball team. Her child-like looks made her look like she was 13, despite being 15 this year.

"Let's head to the lab."



School ended a hour ago. I looked around to make sure no one was here. I took out a pink sketchbook from my bag. I laid out the pictures on my table. They were sketches of Ellia. "Hmm.. what should I draw today?" I pondered to myself.

"Wow, you've got drawing skills."

... Oh shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment